1. We went on a visit of LaSalle hospital last Wednesday evening. It was great to see what there was - where we will go, the kind of room etc. I am really glad that we switched there from the Royal Victoria which is decrepit (it is literally falling apart) and old-fashioned in approach.
The nurses and staff are very into the "experience" of birth - i.e. making sure that you have as positive a time as possible and especially that the new family (mum, dad & baby) get accustomed to each other easily. They are very pro-breastfeeding and will let you use the services of an acupuncturist (just to give you an idea...)
They offer only private rooms - each with its own place for the baby and Dad to sleep in as well as a private bathroom and whirlpool bath. (We know that we are in a baby boom because for the first time since the hospital was built about thirty years ago all the rooms - except one - were full!)
All-in-all, it was a very positive visit and we felt that this small, new (especially for Quebec) facility is the best place we could choose to be (since we can be at a birth centre).

2. I finished work last week - officially on Friday, although I am still tying up some loose ends with a video that will be produced tomorrow. I feel a bit like a kid before Christmas - too excited to stay still for very long, knowing that something really special is coming up. The problem is that, unlike Christmas, there is no set date on the calendar and the visit could happen in the next week or it could take up to 5 weeks (when I will be at 42 weeks and they will have to induce me). Without work to distract me I am trying to find other ways to keep calm (yoga, meditation, swimming) but it isn't easy - especially as I have done most of the preparation and there isn't much else necessary to do! At the last visit to the ob/gyn I wasn't dialated at all so the chances are there will be at least one more week. Stay tuned until then...
Thanks for keeping up with us!
P.
No comments:
Post a Comment