I took up knitting, which is utterly soothing and made a blanket this week (see pic.) and will probably start another next week. It is totally addictive and makes me feel very zen.

Gilbert is getting into the swing of things too - yesterday we made a quick trip across the border, took advantage of the exchange rate (and the fact that things are already 20% cheaper on average in the states, not to mention the low sales tax...) and bought the high-end stroller that we both wanted. Actually, once Gilbert saw the design of it and the resale value he was hooked - we couldn't look at another. We assembled it yesterday and now feel like super-chic parents.



Vermont was quite beautiful and we enjoyed spending the day in the hippie-granola-crunchie land of Ben & Jerry's, Ralph Nader and all things bio-organic-vegan whole grain and enjoyed the day out together (despite the stress of planning our strategy of how to smuggle said stroller across the boarder without having it confiscated...) All in all it was a great day.
I need to get my hair cut, look into a breastfeeding clinic, meet my doula, get a massage... all really important stuff, so if the little guy doesn't come next week I won't be too worried! When the contractions start I will post on this website and those of you who would like will get a phone call. From there on in, we will let you know when / if you can / would like to visit us. (We still don't know what will happen, how we will feel etc. so please understand our need to keep it flexible!)
Thanks to all of you for keeping up with us!
P.
2 comments:
Best of luck!
hope he comes soon and that everything goes well - I am thinking about you!
Post a Comment